Magic Christmas in Lights: November 25, 2022, to January 4, 2023
Magic Christmas in Lights Fast Facts
- Dates and times: November 25, 2022, to January 4, 2023, open nightly 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. The last tickets are sold at 9 p.m. The last Bellingrath Home tour is at 8:30 p.m. (closed December 25 and January 1)
- Admission: Tickets may be purchased online in advance or at the door upon arrival. If purchasing online, please note that timed tickets are not required at this time. As long as tickets are purchased for the correct date, you may enter the Gardens at any time during open hours.
- The Tour: Magic Christmas in Lights is a walking tour of the Gardens and takes about an hour to complete.
- Wheelchairs and wagons: Available for a $6 rental fee on a first-come, first-served basis
- Group Rates: Available for groups of 20 adults or more; details below
- Parking: Free
- Food and beverages: Hot cocoa and snacks available for purchase on Live Oak Plaza; hot evening meals available in the Magnolia Café nightly from 4 to 8 p.m.; beer and wine are available for purchase in the Magnolia Café and on Live Oak Plaza, as well as Irish coffee at the midpoint of the walking tour.
- Where’s Santa? Santa will be at Bellingrath Gardens & Home nightly from 5:30 to 9 p.m. through December 23rd dependent upon weather. He is available for pictures in the Magnolia Room, adjacent to the Café. See map for details.
- Guided tours of the Bellingrath Home: Open evenings from 4 to 8:30 p.m. with tours every 30 minutes; guests may also tour the Home during the day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with tours on the hour.
Thank you to our 2022 sponsors, CrowderGulf, Hand Arendall Harrison Sale, Mobile County Commissioner Randall Dueitt, and Star Service, Inc.
Details about Magic Christmas in Lights
Bellingrath Gardens and Home is celebrating the 28th year of Magic Christmas in Lights in 2022! In this Gulf Coast holiday tradition, guests stroll through a dazzling light display throughout the 65-acre Garden estate. In addition, the Bellingrath Home is decorated in its holiday finery and enhanced with beautiful poinsettias.
Magic Christmas in Lights is a made-in-Alabama production. Each year, the set pieces for the holiday lights are designed, welded, painted and lamped by members of Bellingrath’s staff. Three of our employees work full-time all year on the light display.
Magic Christmas in Lights has received numerous honors over the years. The show is a 2020 Southeast Tourism Society Top 20 Festival & Event winner. The display was also ranked on USA Today’s 2020 and 2018 lists of “10 Best Botanical Garden Holiday Light Displays,” which was compiled with readers’ online votes, and selected to the American Bus Association’s “Top 100 Events of 2016.”
Magic Christmas in Lights is a family-friendly event for all ages. It’s guaranteed to get everyone into the holiday spirit!
Bellingrath Gardens and Home is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. The last tickets to Magic Christmas in Lights are sold at 9 p.m. The Bellingrath Home is open for tours from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. The last Home tour tickets are sold at 8:30 p.m. Tours of the Bellingrath Home are every hour and half hour.
Tours of the Bellingrath Home
Visit the historic Bellingrath Museum Home and see it in its holiday finery! The 15-room Home features its original furnishings and is lavishly decorated for the Christmas season. Guided tours allow a glimpse into the lives of Walter and Bessie Bellingrath and the way that they celebrated the holidays so long ago. Home Tour tickets may be purchased in the Admissions Building or as part of your online ticket package. *Home Tours will be unavailable on the evening of December 11, 2022*
Food and Shopping
Snacks and hot chocolate are available for purchase on Live Oak Plaza at the midway point of the walking tour. Beer and wine are available for purchase in the Magnolia Café nightly from 4 to 8 p.m. and also in the drink tent on Live Oak Plaza where Irish coffee can also be purchased. In addition, the Magnolia Café is open nightly from 4 to 8 p.m., serving hot evening meals.
Browse the unique merchandise in the Bellingrath Gift Shop, open nightly until 9 p.m.
Magic Christmas in Lights is the perfect place to have a festive gathering! The Gardens are large enough to accommodate all types of groups, including employees, community organizations and extended families. To learn about group rates, please call 251-459-8986 or email email@example.com.
Meeting Santa and photos with Santa available November 25th-December 23rd dependent upon weather. In the event that it rains, Santa will not be available for meeting/photos. Photos are done by a third-party professional photographer. Guests who wish to take photos with and meet Santa MUST purchase admission tickets to the Gardens.
Click here for the 2022-2023 Choir Performance Schedule.
Magnolia Cafe Menu & Pricing
Click here for the 2022-2023 Magnolia Cafe Menu and Pricing.
Please note that tickets are nonrefundable.
A Magic Christmas in Lights sponsorship is a great opportunity for your business to broaden your customer base! To learn about sponsorships, please call 251-459-8993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.