Special Functions in the Gardens
Bellingrath Gardens welcomes businesses, organizations and large parties to host your event at the Gardens before dusk during regular business hours. While the Magnolia Room may hold up to 80 guests, renting a tent provides opportunities to host larger parties outdoors in Bellingrath Gardens. Please call 251.459.8986 to organize your special function in the Gardens.
- Sites are available for rent throughout the Gardens at a fee of $500. Please call 251.459.8986 to select a space that will suit your group in the best way possible.
- Admission tickets must be ordered, paid in full and picked up prior to your event. You are responsible for distributing tickets to your group. All pre-purchased tickets are non-refundable. Tickets unredeemed the day of your event are valid for one year.
- If you have electrical needs, please contact Bellingrath Gardens at least three weeks prior to your event.
- When having an event in the Gardens, you are responsible for making and purchasing the necessary rentals for your group function. When placing your rental order, be sure to consider the following: tents, tables, chairs, tablecloths, napkins, plates, glasses, cups and utensils.
- Bellingrath requires using a rental company from the list of our approved vendors. Please consider either Port City Rentals or Blue Rents for your rental needs and please visit the Preferred Vendors page for information.
- Bellingrath requires a deposit of 25% of the total cost upon booking your event (including admission).
- Payment in full is required at least 10 days prior to your event.
- A full refund is given if your reservation is cancelled 60 or more days prior to your event. A 50% refund if cancelled within 31-60 days prior to your event. Events cancelled 30 or less days prior to your event will forfeit their entire deposit.
Catering your Event
- For food and beverage services, please visit our list of Preferred Caterers. Bellingrath requires the use of one of our Preferred Caterers for all Garden functions.
- If you would like to serve alcoholic beverages at your event, you will need to organize that through your caterer. If serving alcohol, you must provide security outside of your tent during the entire event and a must provide a method of assuring age compliance for your attendees.
Special Functions in the Magnolia Room
The Magnolia Room is perfect for more intimate parties and events at Bellingrath. Located inside the Exit Building which includes the Gift Shop and Magnolia Café, the Magnolia Room is perfect for parties during warm summer months or cold winter months when the weather outside is not quite perfect. A party of 80 guests can be easily accommodated in this venue.
Location and Availability
The Magnolia Room, located next to the Magnolia Café in the Exit Building, is available for rental daily from 8 AM – 5 PM. Perfect for company meetings, bridal showers, family reunions, birthday parties and other events, the Magnolia Room has more than 1,200 square feet and a maximum occupancy of 80 people. The Magnolia Room is available for rent for holiday parties during Magic Christmas in Lights on Sunday through Thursday nights, from December 2 through December 19, 2019. During Magic Christmas in Lights, the rental fee is $500 per night.
For more information about renting the Magnolia Room, please call Shanna Bennett, Group Tour Coordinator, at 251-459-8986.
|Monday – Thursday||0-4 hours|
|Friday – Sunday||0-4 hours|
Included in Magnolia Room Rental
Beverage service is included in the rental price of the Magnolia Room. Beverage service, included in the price of the rental, includes water, tea and coffee. Catering may be provided by Bellingrath Gardens and Home or one of Bellingrath’s preferred catering companies. To arrange catering from Bellingrath Gardens and Home, call 251.459.8865. For a list of preferred caterers, see information below.
Admission to the Gardens is NOT included, however. Guests may purchase tickets at a discounted group rate at least 10 business days prior to the event date. Call 251.459.8986 to purchase group tickets.
To reserve the Magnolia Room, a 50% deposit is required to hold the date with the balance to be paid no later than two weeks prior to the date of the event. In the event of a cancellation within up to five business days, a 25% cancellation fee is applied and 100% if forfeited thereafter. We strongly suggest having a meeting with Bellingrath staff and your caterer prior to your event.