Bellingrath Gardens and Home welcomes photographers and guests who are interested in using the beauty of the Gardens to complement their professional and commercial photos. To reserve a date, please call 251.459.8986.
Reservations and Fees
Photo sessions must be approved and scheduled at least five business days in advance. Sessions must take place during normal hours of operation. Public restrooms are available in the Entrance Building, Gift Shop, and Boehm Gallery for clothing changes. To avoid congestion, we ask parties to meet in front of the Entrance Building or Auditorium (if unoccupied).
Bellingrath Gardens and Home allows professional and commercial photography for a fee of $200 per day. If the Auditorium is unoccupied, it may be reserved as a meeting place and changing area for a $75 fee. Please note that drone photography is not permitted.
Note: During the month of August, photography fees are discounted by 50%.
The fee and advanced booking are required for the following circumstances:
- Photography or videography involving props, clothing changes or more equipment than a tripod and standard flash
- Photos or video that are to be used in print, radio, television or film, posted on the Internet, used in print art for sale, used to advertise goods and services or otherwise published
- Wedding, family portraits, engagement, prom, graduation, Mardi Gras, model, professional and commercial photography or videography
The fee includes entrance into the Gardens for the photographer and up to four participants. Additional guests will be subject to regular Gardens admission and must be identified when the reservation is made.
The $200 fee must be paid in full prior to the session. If the session is cancelled within 48 hours of the event, a $25 cancellation fee is applied, with 100% forfeited thereafter. You may deliver your payment in person, pay by credit card through reservations, or mail a check to:
Commercial Photography Department
Bellingrath Gardens and Home
12401 Bellingrath Gardens Road
Theodore, AL 36582
- The Gardens close daily at dusk. Bellingrath Gardens and Home reserves the right to limit groups arriving within one hour of this closing time. Photography in evening hours during Magic Christmas in Lights is not allowed.
- Walking in or through flowerbeds, plant displays or mulched areas is prohibited. Photographers and guests must remain on pathways and turf at all times. Clothing, backdrops or other props are not to be hung from plants or trees. Disturbance of plants, plant labels or containers, in addition to trespassing in restricted areas, are grounds for removal from the Gardens and forfeiting the $200 fee. Photographers will be held liable for any damages to Gardens property by themselves or photo subjects.
- Vehicles may load and unload passengers and equipment in front of the Entrance Building only.
- Bellingrath Gardens and Home reserves the right to refuse admittance for photography and/or to change its photography policy without advance notice.