With year-round blooms encompassing over 65 acres, Bellingrath Gardens and Home is the perfect setting for your meeting or photo session.
The Magnolia Room at Bellingrath Gardens and Home is available for rental daily from 8 AM – 5 PM. Perfect for company meetings, bridal showers, family reunions, birthday parties and other events, the Magnolia Room has over 1,200 square-feet and a maximum occupancy of 80 people. The Magnolia Room is not available during Magic Christmas in Lights.
|Monday – Thursday||0-4 hours|
|Friday – Sunday||0-4 hours|
Beverage service, included in the price of the rental, includes water, tea and coffee. Catering may be provided by Bellingrath Gardens and Home or one of Bellingrath’s preferred catering companies. To arrange catering from Bellingrath Gardens and Home, call 251.973.2217 ext. 169. For a list of preferred caterers, call 251.973.2217 ext. 163, or see information below.
To reserve the Magnolia Room, a 50% deposit is required to hold the date with the balance to be paid no later than two weeks prior to the date of the event. In the event of a cancellation within up to five business days, a 25% cancellation fee is applied and 100% if forfeited thereafter.
Magic Christmas in Lights Tent
During Magic Christmas in Lights, a 40’ x 60’, 160-person party tent is available to rent for your holiday parties.
|Number of Guests||Reservation Fee||Gardens Admissions||Gardens & Home Admissions|
|20-99 Guests||$400||$13 Adults|
$7 Children (5-12)
$13 Children (5-12)
Payment in full is required at least 10 days prior to your event. Additionally, admission tickets must be paid in full and picked up prior to your event. You are responsible for distributing tickets to your group. All pre-purchased tickets are non-refundable. Unused tickets are valid during the entire period of Magic Christmas in Lights.
If your group consists of more than 160 people, please contact Port City Rentals at 251.471.5484 for additional tent needs. You are responsible for rental of all additional tents, tables and chairs to accommodate the additional guests.
Bellingrath Gardens and Home has established relationships with several area caterers and recommend that you consider using their services.
|Alec Naman Catering|
|Bay Gourmet Catering|
|Bon Appetit Catering
|Martha Rutledge Catering
|Wintzell’s Oyster House|
251.438.4700 ext. 104
If you have electrical needs, please contact us at least three weeks prior to your event to arrange. You are welcome to provide your own table decorations. You will be responsible for table cloths, napkins, plates, glasses, cups and utensils.
If you would like to serve alcoholic beverages at your event, you will need to arrange this through your caterer. You must also provide security outside of your tent during the entire event and a method of assuring age compliance for your attendees.
Bellingrath Gardens and Home allows professional and commercial photography for a fee of $200 per day.
The fee and advanced booking are required for the following circumstances:
- Photography or videography involving props, clothing changes or more equipment than a tripod and standard flash.
- The photos or video will be used in print, radio, television or film, posted on the Web, used in print art for sale, used to advertise goods and services or otherwise published.
- Wedding, family portraits, engagement, prom, graduation, Mardi Gras, model, professional and commercial photography or videography.
The fee includes entrance into the Gardens for the photographer and up to four participants. Additional guests will be subject to regular Gardens admission and must be identified when the reservation is made.
Photo sessions must be approved and scheduled at least five business days in advance. Sessions must take place during normal hours of operation. Public restrooms are available in the Entrance Building, Gift Shop, and Boehm Gallery for clothing changes. To avoid congestion, we ask parties to meet in front of the Entrance Building or Auditorium (if unoccupied). Reservations may be made for the Auditorium as a meeting place and changing area for a $75 fee.
Brides who have reserved space at Bellingrath Gardens and Home for their ceremony are welcome to schedule a photo session in advance of the event at no additional fee. Non-Bellingrath brides are subject to the commercial photography fee of $200. Wedding Photography
- The Gardens close daily at dusk. We reserve the right to limit groups arriving within one hour of this closing time. Photography in evening hours during Magic Christmas in Lights is subject for denial due to congestion.
- Walking in or through flowerbeds, plant displays or mulched areas is prohibited. Photographers and guests must remain on pathways and grassy turf at all times. Clothing, backdrops or other props are not to be hung from plants or trees. Disturbance of plants, plant labels or containers, in addition to trespassing on restricted areas, are grounds for removal from the Gardens and forfeiting the $200 fee. Photographers will be held liable for any damages to Gardens property by themselves or photo subjects.
- Vehicles may load and unload passengers and equipment in front of the Entrance Building only.
- Bellingrath Gardens and Home reserves the right to refuse admittance for photography and/or to change its photography policy without advance notice.
To reserve a date call 251.973.2217 ext. 163 or 800.247.8420 ext. 163. Reservations must be made at least five days in advance and the $200 fee paid in full prior to the session. If cancelled within 48 hours of the event, a $25 cancellation fee is applied, with 100% forfeited thereafter.
You may deliver your payment in person, pay by credit card through reservations, or mail a check to:
Commercial Photography Department
Bellingrath Gardens and Home
12401 Bellingrath Gardens Road
Theodore, AL 36582