Wiggle Waggle Rescue Run at Bellingrath Gardens
Saturday, April 25, 2020 • 8 a.m. to noon
Bellingrath Gardens and Home will host the fifth annual Wiggle Waggle Rescue Run on Saturday, April 25, 2020. Guests are invited to participate in one of two races: A certified 5K run for humans only starting at 8 a.m. or a 1 mile fun run / walk for dog owners and their pups, which will begin at 9 a.m. Both races will benefit the Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF).
Food and beverages will be provided for runners. All registered runners and walkers will receive a discounted admission of $5 to the Gardens for the day, and their family members and friends will receive discounted admission prices of $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 5-12.
Have you always wanted to walk your dog at Bellingrath? Now is your chance! On April 25, 2020, dogs will be allowed in the Gardens from 8 a.m. to noon in exchange for a $5 donation to ARF. Please review the Wiggle Waggle Dog Day Guidelines (see below) prior to entering the Gardens.
No dog to walk? No problem! For a $10 donation you can rent a rescue for the walk. To reserve a rescue, email: Ali@AnimalRescueMobile.org.
For information on the Animal Rescue Foundation, visit www.animalrescuemobile.org.
Wiggle Waggle Dog Day at Bellingrath Guidelines
- Due to safety concerns, children under 12 with a dog must have adult supervision when entering the Gardens.
- No aggressive dogs will be allowed in. Owners should be aware of and are responsible for their dog’s behavior and must leave if requested.
- All dogs must wear a leash (no longer than 6 feet) and collar.
- All dogs must be properly licensed, healthy and have current vaccinations.
- No dogs in heat allowed.
- Owners must clean up after their dog.
- Dogs need to be kept on pathways and open lawns in Bellingrath Gardens.
- No dog should be left unattended.
- No pets allowed in any of the buildings (restrooms, Entrance Building, Gift Shop/Café, Bellingrath Home, etc.) at Bellingrath Gardens.
- Participants are responsible for water for their dogs.
- There is a $5 donation to ARF for each dog that enters Bellingrath Gardens benefiting the Animal Rescue Foundation.
- These rules apply to participants of the Wiggle Waggle race and to any visitors who are on Bellingrath Gardens property.
- The Pet Motel is available free of charge upon a first-come, first-served basis for visitors who wish to enter into the Gardens without their pet.
- The Wiggle Waggle Dog Day at Bellingrath Gardens is a one-day event. On all other days, only service animals are admitted into Bellingrath Gardens and Home.