Magic Christmas in Lights: November 27, 2020-January 3, 2021
Click the portal below to purchase tickets to Magic Christmas in Lights! The online tickets are sold for designated entry times because of precautions related to Covid-19 requirements. These appointments DO NOT limit our guests to any length of time for their visit. Please note that tickets are nonrefundable.
2020 Ticket Procedures: Frequently Asked Questions
Q. May I purchase tickets when I arrive?
A. Tickets will also be available to purchase in the Entrance Building when you arrive. However, we’re encouraging everyone to purchase online ahead of time so that we will be able to streamline the entrance process. Our Covid-19 guidelines emphasize social distancing and crowd control. For details on our Covid-19 safety precautions, please click here.
Q. How strict are the appointment times?
A. On the busier nights of the Magic Christmas in Lights season, appointment times will be implemented. The online ticket portal makes it easy for ticket holders to change their appointment times if their plans change. We hope to be able to offer flexibility on the nights when we have fewer guests (Sundays through Thursdays).
Q. If my plans change, how may I change the date and time on my online ticket?
A. Here is the process to change your online ticket on the Eventbrite website:
- Open EventBrite.com on your web browser and create an account.
- Do a search for Magic Christmas in Lights to open the ticket portal.
- Select the “Tickets” button on the lower right.
- Select your order.
- Look for the pull-down window to the right of your account. Right-click on it and pull down to “transfer attendee.”
- Follow the prompts to select the correct date and time for each ticket. For example, if you purchased 4 tickets, you will have to repeat the process three more times.
- Review the Transfer Summary, then choose “Continue Transfer.” The transfer summary should reflect your new event, ticket, or seat.
- Click here to view additional pointers from Eventbrite.
Q. Are there capacity limits for ticket sales? If we arrive without prepurchased tickets, is there a chance that we won’t be able to get in?
A. We anticipate that there may be capacity limits on the traditionally busy nights of the Magic Christmas in Lights season. We will announce any capacity limits ahead of time on bellingrath.org and on our social media platforms, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. We encourage our guests to check these sites before coming to the Gardens if they choose not to purchase tickets ahead of time. We want to assure our guests that we will make every effort to allow everyone to come and enjoy Magic Christmas in Lights. However, during the pandemic, our safety precautions may lead to situations in which we reach crowd capacity.
Q. What are the best nights to plan our visit in order to avoid crowds?
A. Traditionally, the most popular nights of the season are Friday and Saturdays and the dates closest to Christmas. We advise our guests to plan their visit during the first three weeks of the Magic Christmas in Lights season.
Q. Are my tickets refundable?
A. No. It is our longstanding policy not to offer refunds. We appreciate your understanding.
Magic Christmas in Lights Fast Facts
- Dates and times: November 27, 2020, to January 3, 2021, open nightly (closed December 25 and January 1)
- Tickets: Timed tickets are available for purchase from the ticket portal above; tickets are nonrefundable
- The Tour: Magic Christmas in Lights is a walking tour of the Gardens and takes about an hour to complete
- Wheelchairs and wagons: Available for a $6 rental fee on a first-come, first-served basis
- Group Rates: Available for groups of 20 adults or more; details below
- Parking: Free; complimentary shuttle rides available in parking areas only
- Food and beverages: Hot cocoa and snacks available for purchase on Live Oak Plaza; hot evening meals available in the Magnolia Cafe nightly from 4 to 8 p.m.; beer and wine available for purchase in the Magnolia Café nightly from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Live Oak Plaza on Friday and Saturday nights
- Guided tours of the Bellingrath Home: Open evenings from 4 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday-Thursday and from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday-Saturday with tours every 30 minutes; guests may also tour the Home during the day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with tours on the hour
Details about Magic Christmas in Lights
Bellingrath Gardens and Home is celebrating the 25th year of Magic Christmas in Lights in 2020! In this Gulf Coast holiday tradition, guests stroll through a dazzling light display that features more than 1,100 set pieces, 3 million lights and 15 scenes throughout the 65-acre Garden estate. In addition, the Bellingrath Home is decorated in its holiday finery and enhanced with beautiful poinsettias.
Magic Christmas in Lights is a made-in-Alabama production. Each year, the set pieces for the holiday lights are designed, welded, painted and lamped by members of Bellingrath’s staff. Three of our employees work full-time all year on the light display.
Magic Christmas in Lights has received numerous honors over the years. The show is a 2020 Southeast Tourism Society Top 20 Festival & Event winner. The display was also ranked on USA Today’s 2018 list of “10 Best Botanical Garden Holiday Light Displays,” which was compiled with readers’ online votes, and selected to the American Bus Association’s “Top 100 Events of 2016.”
Magic Christmas in Lights is a family-friendly event for all ages. It’s guaranteed to get everyone into the holiday spirit!
Bellingrath Gardens and Home is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. The last tickets to Magic Christmas in Lights are sold at 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and the last tickets are sold at 9:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. The Bellingrath Home is open for tours from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Tours are held each half hour and are limited to five people. Tour tickets are sold for specific tour times. The last Home tour tickets are sold at 8 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and at 8:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Tours of the Bellingrath Home are every hour and half hour; the final tour begins at 8 p.m. Home tour groups are limited in number and masks are required.
Tours of the Bellingrath Home
Visit the historic Bellingrath Museum Home and see it in its holiday finery! The 15-room Home features its original furnishings and is lavishly decorated for the Christmas season. Guided tours allow a glimpse into the lives of Walter and Bessie Bellingrath and the way that they celebrated the holidays so long ago. Home Tour tickets may be purchased in the Admissions Building or as part of your online ticket package. Home tour groups are limited in number and masks are required. The Bellingrath Home is open for tours on every half hour from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Tour tickets are sold for specific tour times. The last Home tour tickets are sold at 8 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and at 8:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Food and shopping
Snacks and hot chocolate are available for purchase on Live Oak Plaza at the midway point of the walking tour. Beer and wine are available for purchase in the Magnolia Café nightly from 4 to 8 p.m. and also in the drink tent on Live Oak Plaza. In addition, the Magnolia Café is open nightly from 4 to 8 p.m., serving hot evening meals.
Browse through the unique merchandise in the popular Bellingrath Gift Shop, open nightly until 9 p.m.
Magic Christmas In Lights MenusDuring the Magic Christmas in Lights season, the Magnolia Café serves soups, salads and sandwiches daily. The Café will also serve hot evening meals from 4 to 8 p.m. nightly. All meals come with tea, coffee or water. If you have questions about any of the menu items, please contact the Café staff at 251-459-8863.
|Sunday||Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta|
Small tossed salad
|Monday||Beef pot roast|
Potatoes and gravy
|Tuesday||Turkey and Dressing with Gravy|
Baby green limas
|Thursday||Beef Pot Roast with mashed potatoes and gravy |
|Kids' Meal served nightly||Corndog and chips with Tea or CapriSun||$6.95|
Did Covid-19 cancel your holiday celebration? Magic Christmas in Lights is the perfect place to have a festive gathering in safe, socially distanced surroundings! The Gardens are large enough to accommodate all types of groups, including employees, community organizations and extended families. To learn about group rates, please call 251-459-8986 or email email@example.com.
Please note that tickets are nonrefundable.