Magic Christmas in Lights: November 27-December 31, 2020, 5-9 p.m. nightly
Magic Christmas in Lights Fast Facts
- Dates and times: November 27 – December 31, 5 to 9 p.m. nightly (closed December 25)
- Tickets: Purchase when you arrive, or ahead of time from bellingrath.org (ticket portal will open in November); military discounts on each Monday of the season; tickets are nonrefundable
- The Tour: Magic Christmas in Lights is a walking tour of the Gardens and takes about an hour to complete
- Wheelchairs and wagons: Available for a $5 rental fee on a first-come, first-served basis
- Group Rates: Available for groups of 20 adults or more; details below
- Parking: Free; complimentary shuttle rides available in parking areas only
- Food and beverages: Hot cocoa and snacks available for purchase on Live Oak Plaza; hot evening meals available in the Magnolia Cafe nightly from 4 to 8 p.m.; beer and wine available for purchase in the Magnolia Café nightly from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Live Oak Plaza on Friday and Saturday nights; menus listed below
- Guided tours of the Bellingrath Home: Open evenings from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. with tours every 30 minutes; guests may also tour the Home during the day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with tours on the hour
Details about Magic Christmas in Lights
Bellingrath Gardens and Home is celebrating the 25th year of Magic Christmas in Lights in 2020! In this Gulf Coast holiday tradition, guests stroll through a dazzling light display that features more than 1,100 set pieces, 3 million lights and 15 scenes throughout the 65-acre Garden estate. In addition, the Bellingrath Home is decorated in its holiday finery and enhanced with beautiful poinsettias.
Magic Christmas in Lights is a made-in-Alabama production. Each year, the set pieces for the holiday lights are designed, welded, painted and lamped by members of Bellingrath’s staff. Three of our employees work full-time all year on the light display.
Magic Christmas in Lights has received numerous honors over the years. The show is a 2020 Southeast Tourism Society Top 20 Festival & Event winner. The display was also ranked on USA Today’s 2018 list of “10 Best Botanical Garden Holiday Light Displays,” which was compiled with readers’ online votes, and selected to the American Bus Association’s “Top 100 Events of 2016.”
Magic Christmas in Lights is a family-friendly event for all ages. It’s guaranteed to get everyone into the holiday spirit!
Magic Christmas in Lights opens Friday, November 27, 2020, and continues nightly, rain or shine, through December 31, 2020 (closed Christmas Day). Magic Christmas in Lights is open each night from 5 to 9 p.m. Tours of the Bellingrath Home are every hour and half hour; the final tour begins at 8 p.m.
Tours of the Bellingrath Home
Visit the historic Bellingrath Museum Home and see it in its holiday finery! The 15-room Home features its original furnishings and is lavishly decorated for the Christmas season. Guided tours allow a glimpse into the lives of Walter and Bessie Bellingrath and the way that they celebrated the holidays so long ago. Home Tour tickets may be purchased in the Admissions Building or as part of your online ticket package. The last ticket for the Home Tour is sold at 7:30 p.m. for the final tour of the night, which begins at 8 p.m.
Food and shopping
Snacks and hot chocolate are available for purchase on Live Oak Plaza at the midway point of the walking tour. Beer and wine are available for purchase in the Magnolia Café nightly from 4 to 8 p.m. and on Live Oak Plaza on Friday and Saturday nights. In addition, the Magnolia Café is open nightly from 4 to 8 p.m., serving hot evening meals (see menus below).
Browse through the unique merchandise in the popular Bellingrath Gift Shop, open nightly until 9 p.m.
Special group rates are available for Magic Christmas in Lights. Call 251-459-8986 for information and rates.
Military Mondays are back! Each Monday of Magic Christmas in Lights, military personnel and their immediate families are eligible for a 15% admissions discount on Gardens-only tickets. The dates are November 29 and December 6, 13, 20 and 27. (Please note: The Military Mondays discount is for in-person sales only and cannot be applied to tickets purchased online.)
Please note: Tickets purchased online are good for any night of Magic Christmas in Lights throughout the 2020 season.
Tickets are nonrefundable.
Evening meals in the Magnolia CafeAll meals come with soup or salad, dessert, tea or coffee.
|Day of the Week||Menu||Price|
|Sunday||Chicken and Dumplings, Green Beans and Roll||$11.95|
|Monday||Red Beans and Rice with Conecuh Sausage|
|Tuesday||Turkey and Dressing with Gravy|
Roll and Cranberry Sauce
|Wednesday||Shrimp Gumbo or Chili with Rice|
|Thursday||Beef Pot Roast with Rice and Gravy|
Green Beans and Roll
Potatoes Au Gratin
|Kids' Meal Served Nightly||Cheeseburger and chips with tea or Capri-sun and a cookie||$8.95|